Friday, July 3, 2009

Tour de France Prologue--Food and Wine Pairing



It's the day before the Tour begins and I'm so excited I want to stop traffic in front of my house and use my yellow "Hope Rides Again" Livestrong chalk to write "Vive le Tour" all over the tarmac.

But Silver Lake Blvd. is really a busy street, so instead, I will post a recipe for a typical Monegasque (which means from Monaco) appetizer. This is a savory pastry called the Barbagiuan, which is filled with pumpkin or spinach, and leeks, cheese, and other yummy things.

Here's link to the recipe, and a video on how to make it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12528876/from/RSS/

And with this, because it's summer and hot, no champagne--Rose', folks! Chateau d'Aqueria Tavel is not your mom's white Zinfandel, thank goodness. It's a dry but fruity gem from the South of France. Don't be afraid of real Provencal rose'. It's lovely. Or do be afraid, because it's always so reasonable here, and I'd love it to stay that way.

Will I be up at 6:30 to watch the prologue of the Tour live? You betcha. Hangover or no, I'll be there! So fire up the wisdom, Bobke, and flex those gestures. Paul and Phil, warm up those metaphors. Johan, get your game face on. Lance and Levi, make me some cool early morning videos. George and Cav, slip on those Oakleys. Jens, look fierce. I'm ready! Vive le Tour, Ladies and Gentlemen! Vive le Tour!

Oh, and I hear that the 4th of July is also an important holiday here in the States, so enjoy that, too, everyone!

Le Tour Toujours!

No comments:

Post a Comment