Monday, July 27, 2009
How about all that tension when Alberto and Lance stood on the podium together--yeesh! And Cav flying across the line one more time--gorgeous!
But now it's over, and it's time for my Tour de France post partum depression. When this hits, it helps to have a plan.
TOP TEN THINGS MARGARET CAN DO NOW THAT THE TOUR IS OVER
10. Sort through clothes and purge old stuff--not so exciting.
9. Pet the cats--always helps in a pinch.
8. Get hooked on BBC America sci-fi shows--Bad news is, Dr. Who and Torchwood are not in full series mode anymore.
7. Bike to work and try to win that Disney Commuter Assistance Grand Prize--a Disney cruise--a long shot, but something to think about, and biking to work almost always clears my head.
6. Start swimming again at least once per week, or more--tough to do with the summer hours schedule.
5. Lose those pesky extra 3 to 5 lbs--really doesn't sound fun, but will definitely help the mood.
4. Finish the Twilight series--This should kill at least 3 or 4 days of solid, obsessed reading.
3. Watch Italian TV--those wacky variety shows and the glimpses of Rome--always amusing.
2. Train for the Disney Half Marathon and the Nautica Malibu Triathlon--need to do it, and it's endorphins to the rescue!
1. Plan for the fall trip to Italy.
Well, these ideas are a start. Send your suggestions.
Hey, at least the Tour of Ireland starts up on Versus in August!